[Webcom] would like to contribute

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 3 17:20:46 EDT 2008

Christian,

I don't see any reason we couldn't install postgres+postgis in the
osgeo2 server where mediawiki is currently hosted.  I'm generally
nervous about extra complexity but a user map is certainly one of
the things that has been talked about many times.

If we gave you an account on osgeo2, could you take care of the
installation of postgres+postgis yourself (likely from source since
the system is running a fairly old OS).  Also, the mediawiki update?

We would likely need to pass a motion within SAC to grant you
admin privs on osgeo2.

Best regards,
FrankW