[Webcom] would like to contribute

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 2 15:03:39 EDT 2008

Jason Birch schrieb:
> I don't think that we have PostGIS available on the server though.
> Would you be open to extending this to SQLite?  Would this work if we
> were using the latest SQLite with built-in R-Tree?

Yes it is possible, but the nice thing about PostGIS is, that anybody
could use the resulting table in their mapping applications in a
relatively easy way.
But if it is not possible i can of course port it to another SQL
Database, or even XML would be possible but not that nice I think...
> Any other opinions?  Do we even have the capability of installing the
> latest SQLite?

Maybe there would be an opportunity to use an Postgres installation on
an other server? If that would be better, I can try to manage something
like that.

Christian