[Webcom] Planet.Osgeo in home page [was: Website Redesign]

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jan 13 04:19:39 EST 2009

I agree with almost everything below (sorry), except removing the author
names.  I think it's important to give the OSGeo foundation a
personality.

One of the most annoying attitudes I come across is when people say
something like "why can't OSGeo just do ..." without realizing that
OSGeo is really just a bunch of people, primarily volunteers.
Counteracting this is a large part of why I was in favour of the
spotlights, and am now in favour of the blog listing.

The use of an OSGeo-specific feed is encouraged for people submitting to
Planet OSGeo, but I don't believe that it's required.

Jason