[Webcom] Translators please read!

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 18 12:32:09 EST 2010

Hi Cameron, yes, we had an established process for a few years - I think it
has died down though with the limited amount of new content we create.  When
you edit a drupal page you can create a translated copy of it, so many people
did this early on.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Portal_Translations

I'm only referring to the sponsorship logo page in this email though.

Most translators were, historically anyway, ask to join the webcom list so we
could keep in touch re: the website.  These would be the same folks who could
take your documentation and copy it over.

By the way our drupal install supports writing content in html or in a basic
wiki syntax.  I wouldn't be surprised if we could get an RST add on even.
Hmm...

Likewise, we could potentially use iframes to insert content from the live
project documentation into the website.  Having a single source for docs is by
me, but as you mentioned the other day, it seems kind of strange to some to
have our main docs associated with the Live project instead of in some other
repository.  That might just be optics though :)  e.g. people that don't care
about live project might not care about those docs.

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully we can streamline this sometime.  More
thoughts?

Tyler