[Webcom] Stuck on Website Migration

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Nov 8 20:42:42 EST 2011

Hey Frank,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 22:08, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Given the technical challenges of migrating our existing capabilities
> I am wondering what the downside is of just migrating what we have
> now on the existing version of Drupal.  In particular, I don't really want
> the Service Provider Directory being lost because we lack the experience
> to migrate the custom work to a new Drupal version.

Ideally we would hire some Drupal developer to work on it, or maybe make a
GSoC project or 5 out of it?

> I also don't want to lose the work folks have done on translations
> I understood there is some complexity around translation mechanisms
> in the new Drupal - is that right?

I think that translation should become better for every Drupal version, but
I haven't checked it out recently.

> I have an interest in the website and am willing to do some work on
> it, but I'm not a big Drupal guy so I am not in a position to do stuff that
> is complicated.

I have an interest in the complicated stuff, but I'm severely limited on
time at the moment....

--Wolf