[Webcom] Stuck on Website Migration

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Nov 9 11:02:47 EST 2011

On 2011/11/08 5:51 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Thanks for joining in Wolf.  One part of this puzzle seems a bit
> simpler after some work this evening.  I've got Drupal v5 running on
> the new server. So first I will look at migrating off of our old
> server, then the other items can take place without the pressure of
> also moving at the same time :)

If the current Drupal5 website can be migrated to the new server
without requiring a Drupal version upgrade, then perhaps the next
step should be a discussion about "what infrastructure components
should be used for the OSGeo website".

Maybe it is less effort to migrate the content to some other CMS
than it is to migrate from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7? Or maybe there is
the same or more effort, but the result would be an infrastructure
that is more easily maintained and managed?

For example, I don't know anything about it, but yesterday the
Apache Software Foundation announced their new CMS, OpenEJB:
https://blogs.apache.org/openejb/

--
Dave Patton
Victoria, B.C.