[Webcom] Drupal / web site editing

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sun Nov 20 20:28:40 EST 2011

On 11/19/2011 07:37 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> I used an iframe in the sponsors page so that other languages could
> simply copy the code and reuse it without having to worry about
> keeping it up to date.  We had some other languages that showed
> different sponsors, so this helped on that front.

Tyler,
I remember well that it was a major pita updating all languages whenever
a sponsor changed using the Drupal web interface. It became much easier
after you changed it.

> Anyway... it's a file stored on the osgeo1 server, so you need ssh access,
> if you want to keep it as-is.  Just copy the code out of the file and paste
> it in your page if you want to make it simpler.  You could just put it in SVN
> though I didn't see an easy way to set up higher level control with that
> method (maybe a SAC repository for this kind of thing?).

I'll leave it as is for now and keep an eye on it when we upgrade Drupal.

Thanks,
Arnulf

> Hope that makes sense,
> Tyler
>
> On 2011-11-19, at 10:00 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> On 11-11-19 12:52 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
>>> Tyler,
>>> can you give me the credentials to be able to access what I need to edit
>>> this module:
>>>
>>> <iframe src="/files/sponsors/sponsor_logos.html" width="100%"
>>> height="550px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
>>>
>>> It appears on https://www.osgeo.org/node/150/ but it seems that it
>>> cannot be edited by regular Drupal users.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Arnulf
>>>

>> Arnulf,
>>
>> I have added "admins" and "webfm poweruser" group roles for your account
>> "arnulf".  See if you can do the edit now.  I'm please to see I seem to
>> edit rights for this!
>>
>> Any other webcom folks who would like full admin rights?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --

Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us