[Webcom] An introduction and question about the OSGeo Journal.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 24 12:34:32 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Landon Blake <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm currently serving as the volunteer editor of the OSGeo Journal and
> I just subscribed to the webcom mailing list. I'm interested in
> posting the upcoming articles for the Journal in HTML on the OSGeo web
> site. Is that possible?
>
> Do we have someone maintaining the current web site? I heard it runs
> on DJango. Is that true?

Landon,

The web site is using Drupal (PHP based).

Which userid would you like to use, surveyor or sunburnedsurveyor?  Have
you logged into the www.osgeo.org Drupal site before?  If not, I won't be
able to modify your priveledges so please do so.

We have a content type called "kkhtml" which is pretty much straight HTML.
 We can try with that and see how it goes.  It might be good for us to
communicate in IRC while you are getting started.

BTW, where does this live and what tech is it using?

  http://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal

/me establishes it is living on the WebExtraVM.

Is it possible we should just publishing via that site rather than
via the www.osgeo.org drupal site?

warmerdam at pobox.com