[Webcom] Motion: Ian Edwards joins WebCom

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 05:52:58 PDT 2013

Hi Webcom,

I'm pleased to join you all at the "public-presentation" end of OSGeo!

To date I've only met Arnulf and Tyler in person, but hopefully that may
change at FOSS4G this September in the UK?

Mid-next week I'm intending to start updating the current details on the
various OSGeo project pages more up to date.  It was suggested by Carmon
Shorter that we simply use the OSGeo Live pages, but there have been a
couple of concerns that a) the main OSGeo site navigation would be lost, b)
some of the text in the project descriptions are specific to OSGeo Live
(not general to the projects themselves).

However, the OSGeo Live pages are consistent and up to date. Therefore for
this round of updates I intend to be guided by the OSGeo Live pages, but
modify the content accordingly. Hopefully this will inform a more suitable
long term solution.

Many thanks

Ian

Ian Edwards