[Webcom] Motion: Ian Edwards joins WebCom

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:01:39 PDT 2013

Hi Ian,

I strongly recommend that the OSGeo Project descriptions link directly
to the OSGeo Project Overviews, for a few reasons:

1. Historically, our OSGeo pages have become dated and then irrelevant.
So whatever we put in place should avoid this happening again. When
creating a page, we should endeavour to ensure that the material is
written in a "timeless" fashion, or we should commit to, or piggy back
upon, an ongoing maintenance process. If you are to edit OSGeo-Live docs
to create a new set of docs, then you are committing yourself (or
someone else) to repeat this step with every OSGeo-Live release,
otherwise the docs will become dated. Hence I suggest linking directly
to OSGeo-Live.

2.One way for OSGeo to help build its various endeavours is through
cross-promotion, and one form of cross promotion is for the OSGeo
website to reference OSGeo-Live. This is a simple thing to introduce,
and also something that would be valuable for OSGeo-Live, and hence
valuable for all the people and projects who have contributed to
building the OSGeo-Live Project Overviews.