[Webcom] Link OSGeo projects to OSGeoLive Project Overviews - please vote

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 03:39:28 PDT 2013

Jeff,
I agree that the website is a primary marketing tool for OSGeo, and as a
separate discussion we could talk about whether we could like to change
the structure of the website.
(There was some good analysis and suggestions a while back which never
was followed through into implementation).

However, what I'm proposing is a very simple fix. Replace 10 or so links
to outdated pages to equivalent up to date OSGeo-Live pages. Your
suggestion of pointing directly to project pages is also an option, but
I agree with Ian in that our OSGeo-Live pages value add value by
consistently addressing key issues that we want to promote for all OSGeo
projects. It also cross promotes OSGeo-Live, which I think is a good thing.

To move forward, I'll propose a 3 option vote:

1. Do Nothing: Most links from http://osgeo.org point to outdated pages
like:
http://www.osgeo.org/openlayers

2. Point to OSGeo-Live pages, such as: