[Webcom] so how are we doing here?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Aug 8 02:58:34 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 05:42:33AM -0400, R. Paul Warriner wrote:

> It appears that most of the responsibility of this committee has
> propogated to SAC and other groups.

How did you figure this out ?

> I know this is sounding like something
> from the "bureaucrat" permissions group, but it appears some of us do
> not even rate that level anymore.

Is there a way to get a list of permission groups and the
components of each ? (I'm assuming you're talking about the
Drupal site here)

> how do we make WebCom relevant again, and what is the purpose of the group?

My personal view on the matter: WebCom is the people you go to for
getting new content and corrections to actual content on the www.osgeo.org
website.

That's why I came knocking in the first place, to find out the house
was on fire.

--strk;