[Webcom] short and mid term planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:43:24 PST 2016

SHORT TERM

We have some short term things to do the website (trac or email?)

1. update the "about" page

you can see the discussion on the board list, will be done in a couple of
hours

2. remove the education committee

- https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1613

3. Clean up the committee list
4. Replace project pages with links to project home page

MID TERM

And we will need to discuss a bit more about the mid term items. The board
is finalizing the 2016 strategic plan, if you check the meeting minuets you
can see a number of website items are already listed as a high priority

a) From November Ian was interested in leading a work party to update the
version of Drupal used
b) replace service providers page, broken down by participation (see qgis
<http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html#qgis-commercial-support>
and geoserver <http://geoserver.org/support/> pages)
d) get better at sponsor logos (rotate gold sponsor logos on the main page
etc...)

I have already talked with Ian a bit how this can go down, while OSGeo will
have a budget to work with this year we want to ensure that each initiative
is volunteer led. Either by a short-term "work party" (strict timeframe /
budget) or by a committee (such as webcomm).

I recommend co-ordinating on webcomm, and breaking out into work parties
for specific goals (it should help recruit volunteers if they know the
activity will end in a couple weeks).
--
Jody Garnett