[Webcom] short and mid term planning

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 02:32:10 PST 2016

2. I've updated trac (does it need approval by the submitter before being
closed?) [1]

4. There was a discussion about updating the project links previously [2] -
the suggestion was to link each OSGeo Project (right-hand side on the
osgeo.org home page) to the corresponding summary page on OSGeo Live.  This
has the advantage for new users that each project will have a consistent
summary page (with important information like license being easily
accessible).  It would also allow OSGeo itself to provide more added-value,
and could also promote OSGeo live?  There are also disadvantages.

Could we revive this discussion before making the changes?

I'm part way through contacting current webcom members to clean up the
webcom committee members list.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1613
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/marketing/2013-April/002931.html