More on News!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 12 23:23:59 EDT 2006

Folks,

OK, I've updated the http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/News_Queue page to
reflect use of the announce mechanism which seems to work fine.

I'm also proposing that we de-commission the news.osgeo.org project.  I
don't really see any purpose in it.  However, I'll wait for Jason to get
back to bring this forward, since he may have a better idea of what we
need a distinct project for.

I am also now thinking that announcements should also be sent to the
announce at osgeo.org mailing list (or was it announce at mail.osgeo.org?).
I have added agenda items to discuss a few of these news things to the
next meeting agenda.

I have left the old developer spotlights, and some news items on the main
page.  Should I migrate these into the announce queue and remove them from
the main page?  This would leave our center area pretty thin.   I'll hold
off on acting on this.

Best regards,