[Web Comm] RE: RE: RE: [webcommittee][SC56][Move/Copy] Fix failed ServerAdmin unit tests under Linux

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Wed Oct 4 04:19:03 EDT 2006

On 03 October 2006 13:00, Jo Walsh wrote:

> (Feeling a bit boggled by the role permutation opportunities, thinking
> you know the system setup best and can make recommendations.)
> <snip>

It really is quite easy to set up the roles and permissions once you've
seen the main concepts, Jo.  I can talk you through it within 10
minutes.  A site typically needs some 5 to 10 roles (depending on the
amount of process in projects) clearly defined and named and that's all
there is to it.  Unfortunately, somebody who was not limited by a good
understanding of roles has touched them on osgeo.org so we have some
cleaning up to do and this is an example of that.  I just cleaned it up
so that's another step in the right direction. :-)

Frank, would it be valuable to have a telephone conference or IRC
meeting with project leaders to explain the role based access?  Just
wondering,

Auke