[OWS-4-GeoDSS] [webmap-discuss] Re: Map Width/Height defined as a percentage in OWS Context

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:04:48 EST 2006

Interesting point. I guess this begs the question: "What is the use case
  driving the need for a Context document?"

I think that the context is primarilly showing: layers and extent.
"I'm looking in this area, using these layers".

If we change the resolution of the screen used to display, then we
should continue to show the same extent, but the layers would use a
different SLD to cope with the resolution. (This would probably be
handled at the server).

As I think through this further, it seems that Width,Height is not as
important as it used to be, and I suspect that in most clients it should
be ignored during rendering,  but prehaps should be manadory in the
creation of a new Context.

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net