[webmap-discuss] Client side coordinate transformation library - Call to developers/testers

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 23:43:55 EDT 2006

Richard, Aaron,
You guys are both doing good stuff with regards to Javascript Projections.

I know that in the short term it is easier and faster to update your
personal codebase rather than merge your codebase with another library.
However, in the long run the advantages of having twice the number of
developers on the same codebase should outweigh the initial merging cost.

Your projects have the advantage that they are relatively young and the
momentum required for a merge will be much less than will be required in
a year or two.

Aaron,
Your licence is GPL?  Would you consider changing to LGPL?  Mapbuilder
would have a problem incorporating your library because we are a LGPL
library which means we wouldn't be able to use your codebase.

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net