[Wps-discuss] Proposal to skip 2015 WPS benchmark

Benjamin Proß b.pross at 52north.org
Wed Apr 22 02:47:53 PDT 2015

Dear WPS developers,

As you may know, I am responsible for the next WPS benchmark. The
results usually are presented at the international FOSS4G conference.
This time it takes place in Seoul. I will not be able to travel there
and so I cannot perform my sheriff duties. The FOSS4G 2016 will take
place in Bonn, which is right around the corner from where I work.
This is one reason why I would propose to skip the 2015 WPS benchmark.
The other reason is that we will have more time to set up the
benchmark/test plan.
I think there is already a good basis that hopefully will be extended
with OGC compliance tests, maybe also for WPS 2.0.
We are also planning to write a peer-reviewed paper about WPS
interoperability which could hopefully be connected to the benchmark in
some way.
Writing the tests and paper will take some time and so I hope you can
understand why I propose to skip this year.
Let me know, if you have any comments or questions. I also will give you
status updates via this list.

Cheers,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Proß
Software Engineer

52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-42
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
b.pross at 52north.org
http://52north.org/

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849