[Wps-discuss] Proposal to skip 2015 WPS benchmark

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Apr 23 04:13:32 PDT 2015

Dear Benjamin,
I have to admit my disappointment that the WPS Shootout won’t happen this year and that you won’t come to Seoul (if I got your point it is mainly because it not directly right around the corner, which sounds quite limitative to me).

As an experienced team in organizing the benchmark, we make this Shootout effort since 2011, I have to admit my surprise of sharing this kind of informations two days before the FOSS4G submissions deadline. This does not give much time to organize something similar by someone else. I think we should have known this information sooner if that was possible. But anyway, as it is too late now to organize anything else and I don’t see any other people interested in having it happening speaking loudly on this mailing list unfortunately, I guess I have to understand that it won’t happen this year.

I would like to sat that it was a real pleasure for me personally to be part of this group effort in 2011, 2013 and 2014 and it was a benefit for the WPS project I work on to be part of this effort.

Anyway, I really hope this won’t be the step where all our benchmark *group* efforts will stop and it will be a new starting point for us.

Best regards,