[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Web Client ideas

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:42:34 PST 2009

Hi Tribe !

As Gerald said, multiple geometries spatial operation are now being
implemented in the ZOO OGR demo (available very soon !)
This is a very good starting point for the ZOO Web Client development that
we will discuss and start during the Montpellier ZOO meeting.

The ZOO Web Client must be based on OpenLayers, working at lower level to
add some OL classes, protocols, formats... This way every OL based
application should be able to use the ZOO too. According to me one of the
main goal we should focus on for the Client should be the following :

- According to the GetCapabilities response, some menu items are added on
top of the map (one item per available service)
- According to the DescribeProcess response, some submenus are added to each
item
- According to the user chosen submenu, some html forms and OL toolbars
(that we previously named 'ZOO Skins' ) are added to the page.

This will allow to build simple but full-featured WPS javascript based
client in a generic way.

Please tell me what you think

Cheers

Nick