[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Kernel 1.0 Release

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Apr 15 09:55:51 PDT 2010

Dear Markus,
thanks for your feedbacks, you'll find my answers included in your previous mail content.

Le 15 avr. 2010 à 16:58, Markus Neteler a écrit :

> Dear Zoo team,
>
> congratulations also from Trento!
>
> Here a few showstoppers and their fixes (I wonder if I could fix the
> pages myself?):
>
> - http://zoo-project.org/ is different from http://www.zoo-project.org/
>  (the former has broken links and seems to be the old site, the latter works)

The DNS entries are the same for both zoo-project.org and www.zoo-project.org. Maybe you'll have to clean the dns cache on yoru local machine. To do this, please use the following command depending on which platform you use.

 * MacOSX :  dscacheutil -flushcache
 * WIN32 : ipconfig /flushdns
 * GNU/Linux : /etc/init.d/nscd restart

> - On the new site http://www.zoo-project.org/ there seems to be no way to link
>  to subpages... personally I would find it useful to point folks
> directly to, say, the Kernel installation page.

You should be able to link subpages using the following URLs :

http://www.zoo-project.org/index.php?left=[WIKI_PAGE]#YourTitleToPointOn

For instance, to link the "Test your ZOO installation from the ZooWebSite/ZooKernel/InstallationNew trac wiki page, you can use the following syntaxe :

http://www.zoo-project.org/index.php?left=ZooWebSite/ZooKernel/InstallationNew&#TestyourZOOinstallation

We use a specific cache system using Trac wiki pages parsed using xsl to extract relevant content and display them in the left section of the official web site. By now, only few users are allowed to edit ZooWebSite/* wiki pages as those pages are displayed from the offcial web site. All of this can evolve (and have to I think to make things easier to manage) and have  to be documented in a specific wiki section where only authorized peoples can access as it's specific to the official web site gesture.

Nevertheless, feel free to add content to the Trac wiki system, as wiki can be accessed (read) without restriction (except for some private wiki sections where PSC can exchange freely, another time all this have to be documented soon).

> - http://www.zoo-project.org/
>   -> Kernel
>     -> Installation
>         "Compiling ZOO Kernel"
>
>        *  Before "./configure --with-js=/usr/ \"
>           add "autoconf"
>            in order to generate ./configure
>
>        * This makes "autoconf" and additional requirement (pls list
> on top of page)
>
>        * Perhaps add that --with-php os the path to "bin/php-config"?

The autoconf call have ot be added to the documentation. About the PHP Support there is some specific requirements during the compilation of PHP itself. You can't use directly your local PHP installation (cli or cgi version) but should install another PHP library, the embedded version. You can consult this page to get more information abuot how to compile PHP embedded : http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ZooKernel/Embed/PHP#ConfigureandInstallPHPEmbedlibrary (you noted that the syntaxe to point subpages are the same than before except beter syntax than in the web site, we should use a rewrite rules to easier links to subpages)

> - Compiling ZOO Kernel:
>    Perhaps we could add distro-specific examples? We are happy to
> contribute some.

Sure it can be really great to get distro-specific documentation of compilation / installation / use procedure.

> I tried with Mandriva 2010.0/64bit but don't manage to configure yet:

> checking for Python.h... yes
> python2.6
> checking for PyObject_CallObject in -lpython2.6... yes
> Using user-specified php-config file: /usr//bin/php-config
> checking sapi/embed/php_embed.h usability... no
> checking sapi/embed/php_embed.h presence... no
> checking for sapi/embed/php_embed.h... no
> configure: error: could not find headers include related to libphp
> make: *** No rule to make target `zoo_loader.cgi'.  Stop.
>
> [neteler at north zoo-kernel]$ locate php_embed.h
> /usr/src/php-devel/sapi/embed/php_embed.h
>
> Any hints for this?

This is the PHP embedded include file which is require that's why you should install another php or not activated its support (using the

> Thanks and congrats again,
>
> Markus

Hope my answers will help you solving the configure error encountred.

Please keep us informed,

Djay
Just a ZOO Tribe Member
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr