[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO process and ZOO JS (SpiderMonkey) API

James.Sewell at lisasoft.com James.Sewell at lisasoft.com
Mon May 10 19:19:26 PDT 2010

Hey All,

I'm just getting my head round the easiest way to link ZOO with a client JS implementation using OpenLayers.

As I see it I this describes the process we would use is something like:

OpenLayers JS Client -> (WPS Execute via HTTP) -> Zoo WPS -> (mapped to service via ZFCG file) -> Our Zoo service (which has access to the JS API if it's a JS service)

Does this seem correct?

Would I also be correct in saying that the JS server-side API is a convenience tool  used to provide extended object and extended process (chaining, creation) support?  Does the ZOO team recommend using JS to define the services in order to expose this functionality?

Thanks for the help and looking forward to talking to you all more in the future!
Cheers,
James Sewell
LISAsoft Developer
+61 (3) 8680 3200 / +61 414 688 892