[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Debian Package

Alessandro Frigeri alessandro.frigeri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:26:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for all the suggestions.   Yesterday I've worked at a simple
version of the package that will carry zoo_loader.cgi in the cgi-bin
dir and main.cfg in the examples directory, plus all the standard
debian files.   The good thing is that the packaging build process
seems to work quite well, and that's good for porting it to different
architectures.

For the name of the package, from the discussion it seems that we have
to chose from two options:

zoowps-x.x.x  - this is the case if zoo will always talk 'wps'

zookernel-x.x.x  - if 'wps' is just one of the 'languages' zoo will
talk with clients in future (as I understood from Venka's message),
and the 'kernel' is to be considered the engine where to attach
services communicating with 'languages' other than wps (are there
other ones around yet?).

Regarding the future addons, debian/ubunt provides the
"packagename-extras" naming scheme option that fits well with our case
for extra backends.

I don't want to be too pedant on this, since it is only a name, but
choosing a good package name will save time later on.

Alessandro

Alessandro Frigeri, PhD