[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Debian Package

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Sep 21 19:53:00 PDT 2010

Hi Alessandro,

ZOO understands WPS spoken in many programming languages
such as C/C++, Python, Fortran, Java, Python etc.

In future ZOO may understand more than just WPS talked
in different programming languages. In fact ZOO can be
used for non-geospatial Processing services too.

I also agree with Daniel that it would be better to
package "zoo-kernel", "zoo-services" and "zoo-api"
into one bundle to make thinks easier.

So naming something like zoo-wps-x.x.x for the
package is fine with me.

I would also like to suggest zoo-kasa-x.x.x, zoo-wps-kasa-x.x.x
or zoowps-kasa-x.x.x.

Kasa in Japanese means umbrella and could stand for
Kernel-API-Service-Applications.

or

zoo-ask-x.x.x, zoo-wps-ask-x.x.x
or zoowps-ask-x.x.x.

with ASK standing for API, Service and Kernel

Best

Venka