[ZOO-Discuss] GIS GRASS ZOO integration

Eugenio Realini eugenio.realini at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 08:04:04 PDT 2010

Hi Soeren,

first of all, thanks for you work!

Second, please ZOOers be nice with us: it's the first time we try to
run ZOO, so maybe we did some newbie mistake ;)

We are trying to setup a ZOO-GRASS installation but we encountered a
problem, likely related to the use of PyXB (but I could be wrong).

Here is what we did:

1) we are using an Ubuntu 10.04 system where we previously compiled
GRASS 7 from SVN (grass-7.0.svn_src_snapshot_2009_11_28 --- GRASS
works without problems)

2) installed ZOO following the "DebianLike_installation" (ZOO seems to
be working: GetCapabilities, DescribeProcess, Execute all work ---
HelloPy also works)

3) installed PyXB 1.1.2, which failed some self-tests, so we
downgraded it to version 1.1.0, which passed all self-tests. Anyway,
our problem persists with both versions...

4) installed your modules following these instructions
http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/ticket/2

5) here are some results:

GetCapabilities:
http://131.175.143.108/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi?Service=WPS&Request=GetCapabilities&Version=1.0.0

DescribeProcess:
http://131.175.143.108/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi?Service=WPS&Request=DescribeProcess&Version=1.0.0&Identifier=r_univar

Execute HelloPy:
http://131.175.143.108/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi?Service=WPS&Request=Execute&Version=1.0.0&Identifier=HelloPy&DataInputs=a=ege

Execute r_univar (which does not work):
http://131.175.143.108/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi?Service=WPS&Request=Execute&Version=1.0.0&Identifier=r_univar&DataInputs=map=DTM_108.tif

As you can see we get a "Python module r_univar cannot be loaded."

If we check the specific problem (by running the module from the cmd
line or by checking the apache log file) we get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "r_univar.py", line 1, in <module>
    import ZOO_Project.ZOOGrassModuleStarter as zoo
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ZOO_Project/ZOOGrassModuleStarter.py", line
43, in <module>
    import WPS_1_0_0.OGC_WPS_1_0_0 as wps
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ZOO_Project/WPS_1_0_0/OGC_WPS_1_0_0.py", line
18, in <module>
    import WPS_1_0_0._ows
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/WPS_1_0_0/_ows.py", line 2278, in <module>
    DescriptionType._ContentModel =
pyxb.binding.content.ContentModel(state_map = {
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ContentModel'

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.
Ege