[ZOO-Discuss] Segmentation faults of zoo_loader.cgi

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:18:04 PST 2011

Hi

I tried to get the ZOO kernel (from ZOO-Kernel-1.0 package) running on
2 different Debian boxes, one still on Debian Lenny, the other on
Squeeze. I tried both the  'cgic' library from Debian (2.05 in
Squeeze) as well the 2.06 from the ZOO thirds directory.

When I try to run the "zoo_loader.cgi" I always get segmentation
faults. Compiling it with "USE_GDB" and running inside gdb also just
produces not very helpful output like

Starting program: /usr/local/src//zoo-kernel/zoo_loader.cgi
[New Thread -1248183424 (LWP 29601)]
warning: Lowest section in /usr/lib/libicudata.so.36 is .hash at 000000b4

[Switching to Thread -1248183424 (LWP 29601)]
0xb7199a61 in fileno_unlocked () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Did anybody succeed to compile and get the ZOO kernel running? Any
clue what could go wrong and cause the segfaults, or are there any
patches that I could try?

Regards
Armin