[ZOO-Discuss] Segmentation faults of zoo_loader.cgi

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Mar 11 03:18:35 PST 2011

Hi Armin,
your issue sounds strange to me.

First of all note that the 1.0 package is now obsolete and you should use
the ZOO-Kernel from the SVN source tree to be able to compile and run
successfully.

When you set the USE_GDB flag on when compiling the ZOO-Kernel then
signals won't be handled internally by the Kernel so then you should be able
to extract relevant informations from gdb to know where the error occurs.

Futhermore, I wonder if you used the SVN source as the 1.0 didn't include the
USE_GDB flag so that can explain why you wasn't able to get more
informations when running ZOO-Kernel from gdb.

Hopefully we are able to compile and run successfully ZOO-Kernel, you can
use the official Open-SuSE package made by Angelos some times ago or
compile from the svn source tree.

Another important note is that you have to cgic from the SVN source tree to be
able to run ZOO-Kernel from the command line. The 1.0 version can't be run
from command line and work only from apache as cgi program. In the generated
Makefile the cgic is searched in the ../third/cgic206 directory so it have to be
found there to succeed. Obviously if you get another cgic library located in
library search path it can be found there even if not present in ../third/cgic206.
So here you have to make sure you get the cgic compiled before the Kernel
itself.

I hope you can get better experience of the ZOO-Kernel using the SVN source
tree.

Hope to get feedbacks from you,
best,

Le 10 mars 2011 à 17:18, Armin Burger a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I tried to get the ZOO kernel (from ZOO-Kernel-1.0 package) running on
> 2 different Debian boxes, one still on Debian Lenny, the other on
> Squeeze. I tried both the  'cgic' library from Debian (2.05 in
> Squeeze) as well the 2.06 from the ZOO thirds directory.
>
> When I try to run the "zoo_loader.cgi" I always get segmentation
> faults. Compiling it with "USE_GDB" and running inside gdb also just
> produces not very helpful output like
>
> Starting program: /usr/local/src//zoo-kernel/zoo_loader.cgi
> [New Thread -1248183424 (LWP 29601)]
> warning: Lowest section in /usr/lib/libicudata.so.36 is .hash at 000000b4

> [Switching to Thread -1248183424 (LWP 29601)]
> 0xb7199a61 in fileno_unlocked () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
>

> Did anybody succeed to compile and get the ZOO kernel running? Any
> clue what could go wrong and cause the segfaults, or are there any
> patches that I could try?
>
> Regards
> Armin

djay