[ZOO-Discuss] Testing the Mac OS X installer

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu May 26 12:20:31 PDT 2011

For the documentation, I am trying to test the ZOO installer for Mac OS
X, on my macbook, running Snow Leopard.  (installer:
http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/ZooDocumentation/ZOOKernel/MacOSX_installation/ZOO-Project-Installer.pkg)

(note: I must say that if I do development I do it on Windows or on a
Gentoo machine...so I am not that familiar with development on a Mac)

- through MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/) I have apache2 installed
in /opt/local/apache2/ (and I'm able to see "it works!" when I browse to
http://localhost/)

- I then run the installer (ZOO-Project-Installer.pkg)

- the installer finishes and states:

    ZOO-Project was correctly installed on your computer. Please make
sure that your Apache server is running and then access this link :

            http://localhost/zoo-demo/spatialtools-py.html
                                            or
               http://localhost/zoo-demo/spatialtools.html

- neither link works on my local machine

- restart apache (same problem - no zoo demo)

- actually this brings to my question: what should the installer do
exactly?  (what files should be modified by the installer, where should
the new files exist?)

Sorry for these dumb questions.

Thanks!

-jeff