[Zoo-discuss] [ZOO-Discuss] about output file

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Dec 3 08:05:41 PST 2013

Dear Quang,
I’ve re-routed your email to the new mailing list.

It was not possible to define dynamically new output identifiers and values at runtime. Indeed, you should have all the output identifiers defined in the corresponding ZCFG file. But this was modified in revision 449, following the example you provided. Obviously, it also means that the client application become unable to be sure of the number of outputs returned. Indeed, as there is no definition in the ZCFG file, it means that there is no way to get informations about them prior to run Execute. So, I’m not sure it is that useful.

I've used the simple attached Python code based on HelloPy service to test returning multiple output identifiers not defined in the ZCFG file and it worked correctly. So, I invite you to try by using ZOO-Kernel revision 449 from SVN and modify your service code to make it returning multiple output identifiers.

Hope to hear back from you on this list,