[Zoo-discuss] Problems on Mac OS X

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Mon Jul 1 04:02:04 PDT 2013

Hi Thomas,
in my opinion, you did well trying to recompile the ZOO-Kernel source locally rather than using a old installer.

Before asking  details of your environment, I would like to ask you what is the version you tried to build locally ?

I've tried to build source from trunk on MacOS X and configure worked correctly. Note that I had to remove the "-arch i386" option from the generated Makefile to make it build successfully.
I got similar "no" result messages as you got so you should not worry about it.

I noticed some differences in messages outputted by configure script, so maybe we are not using the same version,  including this one:

"Using user-specified gdal-config file: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/Current/Programs/gdal-config"

Also, I didn't face any issue with the --with-java=macos flag, resulting in a zoo_loader.cgi linked against the following JVM:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/JavaVM

I would like you to run the following commands by replacing "/location/" by the path of the each files:

oTool -L /location/zoo_loader.cgi
oTool -L /location/translate_service.zo

To check respectively if your ZOO-Kernel and your ServiceProvider are correctly linked with relevant libraries.

Please send us the result if you're not sure of the result. Note that providing the location of each files can help also.

To come back on the request itself, the Gdal_Tranlaste Identifier should respect the upper/lower cases, so you should first start by trying with "Gdal_Translate" rather than "gdal_translate". Indeed the name of the function as its parameters (inputs or outputs) are case sensitives.

Hope this helps,

ZOO-PSC Chair