[Zoo-discuss] Debugging WFS request in GDB

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Aug 21 00:49:18 PDT 2014

Hello Jerome,
running zoo_loader.cgi from GDB for debugging purpose should work. Nevertheless, when I red your request I could notice that the xlink:href was not encoded using URLEncode, so the request was not correctly parsed by the ZOO-Kernel.

I take advantage of this email about gdb usage to mention that you can also test the POST requests using GDB also (this way you won’t have to take care of such encoding of embedded URLs). So, to use GDB for debugging POST requests, you can use:

1) export REQUEST_METHOD=POST
2) export CONTENT_TYPE=text/xml
3) gdb ./zoo_loader.cgi
4) run < my_request.xml