[Zoo-discuss] Working demo

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed May 7 00:55:18 PDT 2014

Dear Steve,
my answer inline bellow.

Le 6 mai 2014 à 15:12, Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca a écrit :

> Thank you all for your answers.
> I didn't know osgeolive and didn't understand what it was.
>
> The demo is working on the Web Site thank you. Spatial queries with WFS and WPS is what I need.
>
> At this page, http://live.osgeo.org/fr/quickstart/zoo-project_quickstart.html
> "You can build your own requests and send them to the ZOO Kernel from the following page:"
> http://localhost/zoo-demo/test_services.html
>
> What is this demo? Can we specify our own WFS layer as Input?

This demo is simple HTML form which makes you able to send POST requests to the ZOO-Kernel and run your services by writing requests by hand.
Obviously you can use your own WFS layer to request any service, you simply have to pass its value « by reference » (using a xlink:href link in the request) using the GetFature request to your WFS server.

> Also, I ran http://www.zoo-project.org/cgi-bin-new1/zoo_loader.cgi?Request=GetCapabilities&Service=WPS
> Are those processes included in zoo when installing?

No process are included when you install the ZOO-Kernel, you will have to deploy services which are available in the zoo-services directory on the SVN [1]. For not C based services it is an easy step to deploy, it consist simply in copying the zcfg files and its companion Python module in the same directory as the ZOO-Kernel. Note that since some time now, you can also deploy your services in subdirectory, their names will then be slightly modified to be prefixed by the sub-directory name. So for instance if you put the Delaunay and Vornoi service in a cgal subdirectory of your Apache cgi-bin directory you will then have access to the service named cgal.Delaunay or cgal.Vornoi.

> And....Any experience on installing Zoo on CENTOS 6

Nicolas already this question.