[Zoo-discuss] during compilation - fatal error: cgic.h: No such file or directory

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Jan 21 06:05:19 PST 2015

Hello Karsten,
sorry for late reply.

My responses inline bellow.

> Le 16 janv. 2015 à 18:33, karsten <karsten at terragis.net> a écrit :
>
> Oh yes I must have missed the cd command to go there , now it worked.
>
> I still cant seem o start the system but while troubleshooting seem to be
> down to the "Final tweaks" section to get this wrapped up , there a couple
> of things did not work out form the description on my system
>
> To create symbolic links the first two work:
> sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/mapmint-ui/ /var/www/html/ui
> sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/public_map/ /var/www/html/pm
>
> The third one does not
> sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/mapmint-services/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm
> Gives me
> ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/mapmint-services':
> File exists
> And sure enough the dir /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm physically exists as we did some
> lines above a copy to cerate it
> ( Install QREncode service    .....    sudo cp cgi-env/*
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/ )
>
> Is that ok to get the system up and running ? What should I do about it -
> just ignore ?

When you run the copy to deploy the QREncode service, you should have the mm directory available already.
What is important here is that /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm should point (be a link to) $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-services.
In other case it will fail.

> The other things I noticed is that in the
> "Create required directories" section two commands fail
>
> 1. works:  sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/data
>
> 2. fails: sudo chown www-data:www-data /usr/lib/cgi-bin/main.cfg
> chown: cannot access '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/main.cfg': No such file or directory

You are right, the correct location should be /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/main.cfg.

> 3. also works:  sudo chown www-data:www-data /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapcache.xml
>
> 4. fails: sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/pm/styles
> chown: cannot access '/var/www/html/pm/styles': No such file or directory

This was created few lines before with the command:

sudo mkdir -p /var/www/html/pm/styles

So there is no reason that the chown command failed.

> What do I need to do to fix this - items 2 and 3 above  ?
> (as I can't  access my MapMint installation so far)
>

> Also wondering when I looked at $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-services/main.cfg
> What settings I need to change. For example do I need to install libreoffice
> , as it lists :
> [oo]
> path=/opt/libreoffice-4.1/program/python
> ghostscript=/usr/local/bin/gs

For the main.cfg file, you can now read [1] for more informations about what values you should change to make it working.

Indeed you need to install libreoffice, xvfb and ghostscript to have access to the print capabilities. This was added the INSTALL.md file too [2].

> Thanks
> Karsten

Thanks to you for trying it out !

Best regards,