[Zoo-discuss] during compilation - fatal error: cgic.h: No such file or directory

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Fri Jan 16 09:33:15 PST 2015

Oh yes I must have missed the cd command to go there , now it worked.

I still cant seem o start the system but while troubleshooting seem to be
down to the "Final tweaks" section to get this wrapped up , there a couple
of things did not work out form the description on my system

To create symbolic links the first two work:
sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/mapmint-ui/ /var/www/html/ui
sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/public_map/ /var/www/html/pm

The third one does not
sudo ln -s /home/src/mapmint/mapmint-services/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm
Gives me
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/mapmint-services':
File exists
And sure enough the dir /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm physically exists as we did some
lines above a copy to cerate it
( Install QREncode service    .....    sudo cp cgi-env/*
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mm/ )

Is that ok to get the system up and running ? What should I do about it -
just ignore ?

The other things I noticed is that in the
"Create required directories" section two commands fail

1. works:  sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/data

2. fails: sudo chown www-data:www-data /usr/lib/cgi-bin/main.cfg
chown: cannot access '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/main.cfg': No such file or directory

3. also works:  sudo chown www-data:www-data /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapcache.xml

4. fails: sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/pm/styles
chown: cannot access '/var/www/html/pm/styles': No such file or directory

What do I need to do to fix this - items 2 and 3 above  ?
(as I can't  access my MapMint installation so far)

Also wondering when I looked at $SRC/mapmint/mapmint-services/main.cfg
What settings I need to change. For example do I need to install libreoffice
, as it lists :
[oo]
path=/opt/libreoffice-4.1/program/python
ghostscript=/usr/local/bin/gs

Thanks
Karsten