[Zoo-discuss] ZOO-Project 1.5.0 release

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Jul 10 06:20:14 PDT 2015

Dear all,
as release manager, I am glad to announce the publication the ZOO-Project-1.5.0.

The release can be downloaded from the download page [1], or by using the direct links to download in zip format [2] or in tar.bz2 [3].

The new release includes the following changes and bug fixes :

* Complete rewrite of the documentation to use modern style
* Fix asynchronous POST request on WIN32 platforms
* Add utils/registry service
* Initial support for WPS 2.0.0 including the Dismiss extension
* Fix concurrency access to status informations
* Use simple file rather than shared memory for storing status informations
* Add support for db backend to store status informations
* Add the lib_zoo_service shared library to be linked against C services
* Add ZOO-API for the PHP language (with documentation)
* Add doxygen comments in source code
* Add support for multiple Exception nodes
* Add a length key when creating MapArray
* Add OTB support for applications as a service
* Add the otb2zcfg utility to produce zcfg for otb applications
* Add OTB Application Observer to have progress status updates
* Fix maxOccurs handling
* Fix gesture of downloaded inputs when multiple values are given
* Add detection of generated_file key in outputs to read the file
generated by a service
* Add a minimal parsing API
* Run validateRequest (download, default settings and decoding)
after fork if any
* Add SAGA-GIS support for modules as a service
* Add saga2zcfg utility to generate zcfg for SAGA-GIS modules
* Add SAGA-GIS Observer to have ongoing status updates

This work was supported by a grant from the European Union's 7th Framework Programme (2007-2013) provided for the project PublicaMundi (GA no. 609608).

I hope we can all test and report any important bug found in this release.

Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/Downloads#ZOO-Projectversion1.5.0
[2] http://zoo-project.org/dl/zoo-project-1.5.0.zip
[3] http://zoo-project.org/dl/zoo-project-1.5.0.tar.bz2