[Zoo-discuss] Getting error when working with IIS

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Jun 25 05:35:23 PDT 2015

Hello Pankaj,
thanks a lot for your feedbacks and congratulations for building the ZOO-Kernel on your windows system.

I would like to make sure you are using the right version of the code to build.  First of all, can you confirm that you have generated both the zoo_loader.cgi and the libzoo_service.dll files ? I start by asking this question, cause when I run the zoo_loader.cgi command locally, I get two Exception nodes, so one more than the ExceptionReport you reported. The first one is the exact same as your's but the second reference the service locator. In case you are not using the latest trunk version, I would like to invite you to try with the revision 680 [1]. If you have both zoo_loader.cgi and the libzoo_service.dll generated, please make sure to copy both of them to your cgi-bin directory.

After making sure you are using the latest ZOO-Kernel version, you should take a look at your main.cfg file. Indeed, a specific logPath parameter is required in the [main] section of the main.cfg file to run on IIS server properly. This parameter should take the full path of a log file used to output any debug messages. Other parameters of the main.cfg should be also correctly defined but for a simple GetCapabilities request, defining the logPath should be enough. You should obviously make sure that the IIS user is allowed to write the log file.

I hope this answer will help to solve your issue,
Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/changeset/680