[Zoo-discuss] Issue compiling from source on ubuntu 14.04

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Tue Jun 30 08:25:16 PDT 2015

Hello,

Today I have tried to compile ZOO from source using the instructions for
Ubuntu here:
http://www.zoo-project.org/docs/kernel/install-debian.html#debian-ubuntu

I have followed the instructions exactly as they are written (check out
source from subversion repo, build mapserver etc) and I got no obvious
errors. One thing I did have to do before compiling cgic was create a
symlink /usr/lib64/libfcgi.so pointing at /usr/lib/libfcgi.so as it didn't
exist but after that it seemed to work just fine.

When I come to test zoo_loader.cgi either in a web browser or at the
command line I get the following error:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin$ ./zoo_loader.cgi
./zoo_loader.cgi: error while loading shared libraries:
libzoo_service.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

(When I try this in a web browser I get the same error in the apache error
log).

I can see in the zoo-kernel folder that a file libzoo_service.so is
created, but not libzoo_service.so.1.5.

I previously tried this (about 3 weeks ago) on another machine, running
Crunchbang linux 64 bit (which normally accepts ubuntu instructions without
any problems) and it failed with the same error.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.