[Zoo-discuss] keep the empty cache

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Nov 3 05:23:51 PST 2015

Hello Venka,
indeed that was it.

So Pablo, the original idea was to define a life time for the cache and this can be defined in the ZCFGs for each service individually, obviously we may think also of a global definition in the main.cfg file for, let say a default life time. I would like to propose the following:

in the main.cfg file in the main section add a lifetime key which can take the following values:

 * XXh meaning that after XX hours the cached file will be removed
 * XXm meaning that after XX minutes the cached file will be removed

I suppose that it is not required to go under the minutes as it means in such a case that you don’t want to cache anything, in such a case you simply have to remove the cacheDir key from your main section then the ZOO-Kernel will not cache anything.

For the ZOO-Services and their corresponding ZCFG I propose to use the same syntaxe as previously presented. The rule would be that, if there is something defined in the ZCFG then the main.cfg is not taken into account, in other case the main.cfg value will be taken as default.

I hope to hear back from you Pablo to know if this solution may fits your needs.

Best regards,