[Zoo-discuss] Adding Orfeo Toolbox and SAGA GIS support to ZOO Project on Windows 10

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Jul 4 02:54:48 PDT 2018

Dear Mayank,
I have to admit that I never tried to use the OrfeoToolBox or SAGA-GIS support on windows platform. So, I guess you may face many issues in trying to build this support on windows.

Note that the latest version I currently use for building the ZOO-Project is from the branch prototype-v0 [1] which contains the latest source code enhancements. Nevertheless, if I was able to build this branch on windows [2] I was not able to run it properly till now...

In case you need to build a new version of the ZOO-Project, I think the best way to go is to use the AppVeyor system which ease maintenance and sharing of informations / logs about building procedures.

For instance, from the AppVeyor sample I provided, you may create your own AppVeyor project and build in the same way I currently build the ZOO-Project (and other tools required by MapMint) on your own. You can also add the steps required to build and/or install OrfeoToolBox in the build script to finally try to build the OrfeoToolBox support from here. You may proceed in the same way to add the SAGA-GIS support.

It would be great to give a push for the Windows support. Nevertheless, there is nothing planed about this effort yet.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/browser/branches/prototype-v0
[2] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/djay/trunk/build/1.6.0-184

Gérald Fenoy