[Zoo-discuss] Ubuntu Bionic ZOO build problems

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:45:51 PDT 2018

Dear Suzana,

There is a debian package for Ubuntu Bionic in the OSGeoLive ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=bionic

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:osgeolive/nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zoo-kernel

More details here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_zoo-project.sh

I am going to push the packages to UbuntuGIS once they are tested enough.

Cheers,
Angelos

On 09/06/2018 01:29 PM, Suzana Barreto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to build zoo-kernel in Ubuntu Bionic and am having some
> problems with the build failing.  I have found a similar post to your
> mailing list and have followed the outlined suggested patch which has
> allowed me to progress as far as the zoo_service_loader target which fails
> with the same error as in the other post, so for some reason the patch
> applied to ulinet.h is incomplete?
>
> error:
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/7/cmath:42:0,
>                   from /usr/include/c++/7/math.h:36,
>                   from /usr/include/python2.7/pyport.h:325,
>                   from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:61,
>                   from service_internal_python.h:30,
>                   from zoo_service_loader.c:58:
> /usr/include/c++/7/bits/cpp_type_traits.h:205:12: error: redefinition of
> ‘struct std::__is_integer<int>’
>       struct __is_integer<int>
>              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> /usr/include/c++/7/bits/cpp_type_traits.h:138:12: note: previous definition
> of ‘struct std::__is_integer<int>’
>       struct __is_integer<bool>
>              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> the mailing list item I refer to is
> *https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/2018-August/001705.html
> <https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/2018-August/001705.html>*
>
> the suggested patch which I followed and which appears to have worked for
> the other user can be viewed at:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/ticket/2063
>
> Has anyone experienced the same issue, or know what I need to do to get
> this built? Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Suzana

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member