[Zoo-discuss] Information required about Ubuntu Bionic zoo packages

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 03:00:04 PDT 2018

Hi Suzana,

Thanks for the feedback.
In the OSGeoLive setup, here is the list of packages installed to make the
services available to the demo application:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_zoo-project.sh#L51

In order to compile new services you need to install libzoo-service-dev
package.

About your Python question, the packages were built with Python2 support. I
am not sure if Python3 is supported in 1.6.0 release.

Gerald, can you please provide an insight on this one?

Best,
Angelos

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 11:06 AM Suzana Barreto <suzana.barreto at envsys.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed the zoo-kernel package for Ubuntu Bionic from the OSGeoLive
> repository  at
> https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=bionic
>  and have managed to get it up and running but I do not have any services
> listed when I do a GetCapabilities request. I realise that I need to
> compile the services and copy over their config files to the cgi-bin folder
> but the compilation on some services are failing.   On the OSGeoLive repo
> page, I notice that there are zoo-project packages, zoo-services packages
> and libzoo-service packages.  If I want to be able to take advantage of the
> OTB and other services, is it best to install each package individually, or
> does the zoo-project package provide everything required?
>
> I would also like to develop my own python services - do I need to install
> the libzoo-service and libzoo-service-dev packages to do that.
>
> Also, I see that the python that the zoo-kernel was compiled with is 2.7,
> does that mean that I cannot create python services with python 3?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Suzana
>

> --
>

> *Dr Suzana BarretoSoftware AnalystEnvironment Systems*
> Tel: +44 (0) 1970 626688
> www.envsys.co.uk
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of
> the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or
> privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error please
> contact the sender and delete the material without copying, distributing or
> disclosing the content. All reasonable precautions have been taken to
> ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, however, the recipient
> should verify this to be the case. Please 'think before you print'

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos