[Zoo-discuss] ZOO-Project 1.8.0 release

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Dec 30 08:03:53 PST 2020

Dear all,
We hope you all have great time during the end of the year celebrations.

In case you have some free time, we invite you to install and use the latest ZOO-Project 1.8.0 release which has been published today.

You can now interact with the ZOO-Services by using an OpenAPI, so basically using JSON format for messages (requests and responses).

You can easily test the OpenAPI and its associated basic web interface by using the docker-compose up command from the root directory of the ZOO-Project archive.

Here are the main new features and fixes as listed for release candidate 1 :

  * Support raw response in OGC API - Processes
  * Add a ZOO-API section to the howtos documentation
  * OGC API - Processes support:
  https://github.com/gfenoy/wps-rest-binding/tree/change-request/95 <https://github.com/gfenoy/wps-rest-binding/tree/change-request/95>
  * Support two inputs/outputs syntaxes discussed (using json object
  or array of json object) for ZOO-Kernel and the HTML client
  * Fix issue in kvParseInput when memory!=load and handle session
  from the OGC API - Processes
  * Update OGC API - Processes documentation
  * Add open-api directory in utils services containing a reddis
  subscription example, the HTML UI and the display service using
  Cheetah templating system
  * Update the oas.cfg file to reflect new api definition
  * Include basic microdata in the HTML home page
  * Add HTML support for basic interractions with OGC API - Processes
  including execution of service from the service-desc link
  * OGC API - Processes added support for syncrhonous Execute requests
  * Reuse service_callback in OGC API - Processes when subscriber
  object is provided in the JSON request
  * OGC API - Processes implementation as available on 2020-10-19
  * Produce value string only when memory=load for Python support.
  * Make local files uris usable when cache is used
  * Make GDAL/profile service usable in case memory=protect
  * Add Dockerfile and docker-compose environment with pgbouncer, see #177
  * Add documentation on how to use asyncrhonous execution using the Javascript
  ZOO-API
  * Start simplification of the runRequest function
  * Integrate optional support for OGC API - Processing implementation
  * Add the optional handleText parameter to provide pure text for
  complex data node with mimetype="text/*"
  * Fix issue in case !JavaScript support is activated
  * Fix issue with GDAL profile service
  * Fix #172 for https support

We hope you will use this new version and we wait for your feedbacks of any kind.

We expect to have great time using the ZOO-Project software over the coming 2021 year.

Best wishes for the new year,

Gerald Fenoy
Chair, ZOO-Project PSC