[Zoo-discuss] Community Bonding Period report - Getting ready with ZOO-Project for the OGC Compliance Testing

Koushikey Chhapariya chhkoushikey at gmail.com
Tue May 30 02:42:02 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

This is my report for the Community Bonding Period. During this period (4th
May – 28th May), I performed the following tasks:

• Introduced myself over the ZOO-project slack channel and had a meeting
with my mentors where we discussed the project expectations, expected
coding, testing standards, etc.
• Introduced myself and my contribution to the ZOO-project in the soc
mailing list [1] and Zoo-discussion mailing list [2], and requested
feedback or suggestions on the project.
• Request writing access to the OSGeo wiki for editing all my
project-related information.
• Created OSGeo wiki user page [3] and forked ZOO-project repository to
GitHub [4].
• Set up the development environment for the ZOO-project locally.
• Added the links to the wiki page and the public repository in the OSGeo
Accepted Students' wiki page [5].
• Created ZOO-project wiki page on GitHub and updated the proposal in the
zoo repository, where all my weekly reports will be uploaded for feedback
and suggestions [6].
• Study the GSoC students guide and the OSGeo recommendations for students.

What did I plan to do the next week?
• Go through all the test-suites available on the OGC team-engine portal.
• Set-up test-engine on the local server.

Am I blocked on anything?
• No, currently I am not blocked on anything.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2023-May/005010.html
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/2023-May/001805.html
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Koushikey
[4] https://github.com/Koushikey4596/ZOO-Project
[5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2023_Accepted
[6] https://github.com/Koushikey4596/ZOO-Project/wiki
Koushikey Chhapariya
Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE)
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
https://sites.google.com/view/koushikey