[ZOO-PSC] ZOO-PSC governance and voting

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Feb 19 01:14:52 PST 2010

See my votes inline....

Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Hi PSC members,
>
> I messed up. One question was redundant and
> my vote for one question was missing.
>
> Here it goes again. Sorry.
>
> Would like to call the ZOO-PSC as
> "ZOO Tribal Council".
>
> Several things that require PSC approval have come
> up. Please vote as +1 (agree), -1 (not agree) and
> 0 (whatever) in the item listed below.
>
> Before listing the items, I would first off all
> like to convey the great news that "Practical introduction
> to ZOO, the Powerful WPS platform" Workshop has
> been selected by the local organizing committee
> for FOSS4G2010 in Barcelona. Gerald and Nick will
> be mainly doing the WS, but all help that could
> be extented by PSC to prepare and conduct the WS
> is most welcome.
>
> Items below for voting. My votes are shown below the
> item
>
> 1) Monthly PSC meetings on Skype starting form March
>      18th. I would like to propose meetings of
>      1 hour duration every third Wednesday (UTC Time)
>      at the following
>      UTC time
>
> Odd Months:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
> Even Months:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=4&day=21&hour=13&min=0&sec=0

+ 1 Maxi
> 2) Mandatory requirement for all PSC to vote on issues.
>      If there is no voting recorderd over a period of
>      12 months, the non-voting member will retire form
>      PSC.

+ 1 Maxi
> 3) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) open for subscription to
>      non PSC members.

-1 Maxi
my view:
- discussion on developement issues should be posted to a zoo-dev ML,
- general discussion/user support to a zoo ML
- zoo-psc ML should only be used for voting (so to keep it clean and
clear I would not like to see hundreds of mail on it..)
> 4) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) Archives to be made public.

+ 1 Maxi
This let voting process and issues of psc transparent to the cummunities
(no secrets)
> 5) ZOO-DISCUSS ML open for subscription to all.
>      (Presently needs approval of list admins)

+ 1 Maxi
> 6) ZOO-Discuss ML Archives to be made public.
>      (presently not public)

+ 1 Maxi
> 7) ZOO-Booth at FOSS4G-2010.

+ 1 Maxi (how much does it cost? Who is funding?, I can provide my
support thou)
> 8) Funding for ZOO-Promotions in 2010,
>      booth sharing with ZOO-Partners etc to
>      be discussed in ZOO-PSC meeting scheduled
>      as below;
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0

+ 1 Maxi,
even if sometime it is very late were I live.... :-)
> 9) ZOO-Kernel and Documentation Version 0.1 to be
>       released under MIT/X11 License on 13 April 2010

0 Maxi,
as commented by Jeff, i do not have any info on current status and
resources available for that.
> [...]
>>
>> 7) ZOO-Discuss ML Archives to be made public.
>>     (presently not public)
>>
>> +1 Venka
>>
>> 8) ZOO-Booth at FOSS4G-2010.
>>
>> +1 Venka
>>
>> 9) Funding for ZOO-Promotions in 2010,
>>     booth sharing with ZOO-Partners etc to
>>     be discussed in ZOO-PSC meeting scheduled
>>     as below;
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
>>
>> 10) ZOO-Kernel and Documentation Version 0.1 to be
>>      released under MIT/X11 License on 13 April 2010.
>>
>> +1 Venka
>>
>> Looking forward for your comments and votes ASAP.
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> Venka
>>
>> Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> The ZOO-PSC members list has been just created.
>>> The ZOO-PSC includes the following members:

>>> 2) Venkatesh RAGHAVAN (OCU), JP
>>> 3) Nicolas BOZON (3LIZ), FR
>>> 4) Jeff McKENNA (Gateway Geomatics), CA
>>> 5) Hirofumi HAYASHI (AppTech), JP
>>> 6) Markus NETELER (Fondazione Edmund Mach), IT
>>> 7) Massimiliano CANNATA (SUPSI), CH
>>> 8) Daniel KASTL (GeoRepublic), DE & JP