[ZOO-PSC] June PSC meeting summary

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Jun 25 08:16:12 PDT 2010

On 2010/06/25 21:08, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> As an aside, I do not promote the Live-DVD as Cameron covers it with
> LisaSoft logos...it is an issue that should someday be dealt with.
> (OSGeo sponsors should have their logos throughout it instead)

On second thoughts (after traveling in places where lot of
pirate DVD's are on sale on the streets), I have started to
think that the whole LiveDVD idea is a bad marketing ploy.
I do not know how many of those LiveDVD's are actually put
to proper use.

There must be some monetary value attached (however small it
maybe) to the high-quality software that OSGeo is serving.
Perhaps, buy one OSGeo T-Shirt (20$) and get all the great
software as a gift would be a better strategy.

For ZOO, maybe we think of other way to distribute at
FOSS4G2010.

Best

Venka