[ZOO-PSC] PSC meeting summary 2010/03/18

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Mar 18 20:13:02 PDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the summary. Just some clarification
inline in the text below;

Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Hi PSC member
>
> This is a summary of the 1st ZOO PSC meeting on Skype.
> (See the attached log file if you want to read all)
>

> 1) Status of ZOO-Kernel release
>
> Release day has been set to April 13th for ZOO Kernel, ZOO Services and ZOO
> API and the release number will be 1.0.0 (Gerald) or 1.0 (Nicolas). The
> software license hasn't been 100% clarified, but the companies GeoLabs, and
> ZOO API will be copyright holder.

As agreed upon in the PSC ML before the March PSC Meeting,
ZOO-Kernel will be licensed under MIT/X11. ZOO-API may
also be released under same MIT/X11 license. Perhaps
copyright holder 3Liz (Nick) can clarify on the ZOO-API
license. Intial copyright holders for ZOO-Kernel would
be GeoLabs (France) and for ZOO-API will be 3Liz (France).
Inclusion of other parties in the copyright will be
discussed in future PSC meetings. PSC may consider and
approve addition or changes of copyright holders in future.

> 5) Next meeting schedule
>
> This agenda topic has not been discussed.

This was not discussed in the March meeting as the
next meeting date and time was already agreed upon
on the PSC ML. The date and time is as below;

> Even Months:
>>
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=4&day=21&hour=13&min=0&sec=0

If it is inconvenient for some, we could consider
rescheduling after discussing on the PSC list. But
as of now the April meeting time is fixed for the
above.

Tentative agenda

1) PSC Guideline (Draft) approval
2) ZOO-Project Website Update
3) Budget for ZOO-Promotions at FOSS4G2010
4) Others
5) Next meeting dates.

PSC members are free to add agenda topics.

Look forward to your comments.

Best

Venka