[ZOO-PSC] Motion for going to Montreal Code Sprint

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jan 31 05:43:58 PST 2011

> I think I get your point Daniel. I'm not sure that some other WPS
> participation will
> occur or that we can bring more developer to the team just by going to the
> code
> sprint.
>
> For me it was more because it is an OSGeo Code Sprint that I wanted to go
> there.
> I think that ZOO-Project have to be as much as it can involved in OSGeo as
> we are
> mainly speaking about OSGeo in each conference / workshop we do.
>
> Maybe it is even time to think about OSGeo incubation process, what do you
> think ?
> Personally I think it is time to start this.

This is a good point, Gerald. Hope you didn't take me wrong. I just wanted
to have described some goals.
Germans are always a bit more critical ... you should have thought about
this before inviting me to join the PSC ;-)

So also from my side +1 as well

> Another good idea!! Would not be a bad idea to participate in Bolsena too.
> But I think this is more of a Geonework code sprint. The time is ripe to
> have some code-sprint in Osaka or Asia.
>

> Can be really great indeed to get an Asian Code Sprint happening :) For the
> Bolsena
> Code Sprint I understood as Venka it was more GeoNetwork oriented, correct
> me if I'm
> wrong here.

Same as Jeff I never thought the Bolsena event would be a Geonetwork event.
I almost went there last year, because I was in Italy around that time ...
it was just one week too late in the end.
So if you get many ZOO monkeys there, you will make it a ZOO sprint.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de