[ZOO-PSC] Review of release procedure

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Sep 18 06:01:47 PDT 2014

Hi Gerald,

Is this release "checklist" based on how other projects do?

I thought it might be worth to think about following the crowds and also
move to Github for example. It may also simplify contributions by people,
that may maintain there own copy and changes without being able to
contribute in an easy way.

On Github then I would create an issue for each release and assign it to
the release manager. Issues on Github in the meanwhile support also
checklists, which are very convenient for a release. See the example
checklist of the latest pgRouting release:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/120

Also release notes and release downloads can be managed automatically with
Github. So I feel this is more convenient. And no need to run an SVN server.

Daniel

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>
wrote:

> Dear PSC,
> I would like to ask you to review the following document [1].
>
> I would appreciate any kind of comment about it. This document represent
> the last thing which we consider missing for incubating at OSGeo.
>
> Waiting for comments or direct editing of the wiki page.
>
> Best regards,
>

> [1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcedure
>

> Gérald Fenoy
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay