[ZOO-PSC] Review of release procedure

Angelos Tzotsos tzotsos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 08:02:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would also like to add that the incubation process also needs the source
code review step.
For pycsw, we asked Jody for advice and he pointed us to the GeoServer
wiki, where there are examples of the code review process.

Also have a look here about release documentation:
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Release-Packaging

Best,
Angelos

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de> wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> Is this release "checklist" based on how other projects do?
>
> I thought it might be worth to think about following the crowds and also
> move to Github for example. It may also simplify contributions by people,
> that may maintain there own copy and changes without being able to
> contribute in an easy way.
>
> On Github then I would create an issue for each release and assign it to
> the release manager. Issues on Github in the meanwhile support also
> checklists, which are very convenient for a release. See the example
> checklist of the latest pgRouting release:
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/120
>
> Also release notes and release downloads can be managed automatically with
> Github. So I feel this is more convenient. And no need to run an SVN server.
>
> Daniel
>

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear PSC,
>> I would like to ask you to review the following document [1].
>>
>> I would appreciate any kind of comment about it. This document represent
>> the last thing which we consider missing for incubating at OSGeo.
>>
>> Waiting for comments or direct editing of the wiki page.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> [1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcedure
>>

>> Gérald Fenoy
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay